vedic maths classes in mumbai
Vedic Mathematics is the name given to the ancient system of Indian Mathematics from the Vedas, rediscovered between 1911 and 1918 by Sri Bharati Krsna Tirthaji (1884-1960). According to his research, all of Mathematics is based on sixteen Sutras, or word-formulae. For example, 'Vertically and crosswise` is one of these Sutras. These formulae describe the way the mind naturally works and aid the student to calculate quick and accurately.
The most striking feature of the Vedic system is its coherence. Instead of a hotchpotch of unrelated techniques the whole system is beautifully interrelated, uniform and extremely simple. The general multiplication method, for example, is easily reversed to allow one-line divisions and the simple squaring method can be reversed to give one-line square roots. This unifying quality of Vedic Maths makes it easy, enjoyable and facilitates innovation.
Using the simple Vedic Maths techniques, large sums can be solved mentally (though the methods can also be written down). The advantages in using a flexible, mental system are that kids can invent their own method and are not limited to the one 'correct' method. The result; creative, interested and intelligent kids.
But the real beauty and effectiveness of Vedic Mathematics cannot be fully appreciated without actually practicing the system. One can then see that it is perhaps the most refined and efficient Mathematical system possible
Vedic Maths Tricks
BENEFITS OF VEDIC MATHS:
- It helps students to calculate 10 to 15 times faster
- It reduces burden of tables, huge methods and long calculations.
- Easy, effective, fast methods help students to save time at exams.
- Reduces rough work
- Very helpful in competitive exams.
- It is simple, direct, unconventional, and original.
- It encourages mental calculations.
- When adding there is no excess carry over method and while subtracting there is no borrowing method required.
- In multiplication only one step is required to arrive at the answer.